Experience and Quality
Cedar Recruitment specialises in the areas where we have direct experience and expertise gained over many years.
The framework of the Employment side of our business has been built around years of managing businesses, listening to both Clients and Candidates and gaining an understanding of exactly what they want from a recruitment company.
We deliver our “High Quality, Time Saving & Cost Effective Recruitment Solutions” to Small, Medium and Large Companies and treat all of our Candidates with a high level of Care and Respect.
With so many other recruitment companies operating in an extremely competitive market, Cedar Recruitment is focused on delivering a level of Quality, Service and Professionalism that stands out from the crowd. Our Respect, professionalism & quality service is our promise to you in helping you find the right candidate for your role, first time, everytime.
A great cover letter can help differentiate your Resume from the countless others that pass across an employer’s desk.
A cover letter is an excellent chance to summarise your skills and experience ensuring you get across any key points that are not highlighted in your Resume.Contact us now
Cover Letter Guidelines
Below are some basic guidelines when creating a cover letter.
- Where possible address the relevant contact listed in the advertisement.
- Include the job title, reference number and where and when you saw the advertisement
- Keep to the point (selection criteria, skills & experience required) and explain why your skills and experience are relevant to the advertised role.
- Clearly state why you are interested in the role / company.
- Describe what you could bring to the role that sets you apart from other applicants.
- Avoid lengthy repetition of information covered in your CV or in the job description.
- Ensure you tailor your cover letter for each role.
- Negative information of any sort should be avoided.
- Keep your cover letter between 3-4 paragraphs in length.
- Ensure that you spell check and then proof read your cover letter thoroughly before submission. Just one small typing error could potentially ruin your application.
Cover Letter Links & Resources.
- CareerOne Cover Letter articles: http://career-advice.careerone.com.au/resume-cover-letter/cover-letter/jobs.aspx
- CareerFAQ’s Cover Letter tips: http://www.careerfaqs.com.au/resume-cover-letter-tips
Job interviews can be a stressful process but they don’t need to be, especially if you have prepared well in advance.
Many interviews today are based around situational questioning to gather information about your experience and how you handled certain situations.
Use these interview tips and practice them with a friend or family member and remember, you can never prepare enough!
- CareerOne Interview Articles: http://career-advice.careerone.com.au/job-interview-tips/careers.aspx
- MyCareer Most Commonly Asked Interview Questions: http://content.mycareer.com.au/advice-research/interview/interview-common-questions.aspx
- CareerFAQ’s Interview tips: http://www.careerfaqs.com.au/job-interview-tips
Cedar Recruitment are here to share our years of experience in resume preparation with you to help you land your dream job.
Job applications are like a mini audition before you get to meet your potential employers; it’s your chance to show that you’re the right person for the role.
It is however; your only chance to make a good impression so make sure you have everything you need in your resume.
A few tips include:
- Ensure the layout is easy to read, enough White space around to make it easy on the eye
- Ensure you thoroughly check all spelling & grammar
- Maximum of 4 pages
- You do not need date of birth, sex, marital status, health or photos
- Summarise you skills and qualifications
- Employment History should be in reverse chronological order, most recent job first
- List the role you held, the company, dates of employment, duties & achievements
Your Resume is the first chance that you have to make a great first impression, and amongst our NEW services we can offer to you is via our association with Lee Sunlay Consulting. Lee is an extremely professional, very talented and experienced consultant who will create or alter your resume, cover letter and any LinkedIn profiles etc. to help get you AND your resume better noticed with recruiters and employers.
You may have all the skills, experiences and qualifications employers in your industry are looking for, but if you are unable to communicate what you bring to a role effectively through your application you will not grab the attention of the recruiter and they will not see your suitability for the position.
Experienced in providing services to people from a broad range of industries and at different stages in their careers, Lee Sunlay offers a variety of affordable services that will get you noticed so you can secure that dream job or take the next step in your profession.
Services available include:
- Cover Letters
- Resume writing and resume reviews
- Selection criteria
- LinkedIn profiles
- Interview preparation
- Career workshop development & delivery
Lee can be contacted via www.leesunlay.com.au please contact Lee directly
Resume Links & Resources:
- Seek Resume Hints and Tips: http://www.seek.com.au/jobs-resources/
- CareerOne Resume Help Links: http://career-advice.careerone.com.au/resume-cover-letter/resume-writing/jobs.aspx
- MyCareer Resume Tools: http://content.mycareer.com.au/advice-research.aspx